Re: NULL pointer arithmetic issues

On 09.03.2020 07:05, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Also note that the getuid()/geteuid() example here is IMHO unrelated to the
> original issue that caused this discussion, so I am not even convinced this
> is NOT a ubsan bug.

We instruct a C compiler that pointer used in the pserialize macros is
never NULL, as the side effect of adding to it 0. As the pointer can be
NULL, this at least confuses the compiler and can result in a
miscompilation.

We workaround it today with -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks in RUMP. In
regular userland we shall avoid NULL pointer arithmetic.