Re: Stripping down 8.0

mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost (Mouse) writes:

>Specifically, wmi_acpi.c is referring to acpiec_bus_write and
>acpiec_bus_read, which are coming up undefined in the link.  They
>appear to come from acpi_ec.c - apparently there's a hidden dependency
>somewhere; I appear to have stripped out enough devices that acpi_ec.c
>isn't being included, but left in enough that wmi_acpi.c is, and I'm
>not sure which one(s) they are or how to find them.

You config has:

acpciwmi* at acpi?

which includes wmi_acpi.c which references the acpiec symbols.

but it lacks one of:

acpiec* at acpi?
acpiecdt* at acpi?

which would include acpi_ec.c

I'd say, just drop the acpiwmi driver, you don't include any driver
for acpiwmibus, so the acpiwmi driver is useless to you.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost