Re: Proposal to remove netsmb / smbfs

simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost (Simon Burge) writes:

>=?UTF-8?B?SmFyb23DrXIgRG9sZcSNZWs=?= wrote:

>> IIRC SMB1 is even not supported any more in current version of
>> windows, so the utility of smbfs is close to 0.

>I _think_ Windows 10 still supports SMB v1, however at work we
>disable it by group policy becuase of security risks.

Windows doesn't install SMB1 since october 2017. You can still install
the component, but the latest security problems will never be fixed.

SMB2 was published in 2008 and is widely in use although SMB3 exists
since 2012.

Samba implements SMB2 with some SMB3 features.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost