Re: Proposal: validate FFS root inode during the mount.

n54%gmx.com@localhost (Kamil Rytarowski) writes:

>=46rom a high level point of view, we want to reject early corrupted FS o=
>a mount. Today we panic the kernel needlessly.

Rejecting won't help much, there are so many other parts that may be corrupt
that you cannot validate on mount.

The goal should be to gracefully handle corrupted data structures by returning
errors instead of crashing the kernel.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost