Re: Driver for Wacom Intuos pen devices

Dear Michael,

On 2019-10-27, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 21:54:51 +0200
> Yorick Hardy <yorickhardy%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Dear tech-kern,
> >
> > Please find a patch below for a new uintuos driver for two Wacom
> > Intuos tablets (the Art CTH490 and Intuos M).  The Intuos M also
> > has a bluetooth mode which I have not looked at.
>
> I bought a small Intuos ( not sure what exact model, there's a
> bluetooth option for it but I don't have it ) for my little girl a
> while ago ( one of my better investments, she's a little artist ), I
> should be able to test & commit in a few days, unless someone beats me
> to it.

Thanks! That will be great (I use the pens for teaching, so the
testing is only "can I write with it?").

I can also commit it, when you are happy with the driver.

Just a heads-up: I also use the following patch

 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2019/10/26/msg002036.html

and then in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

 Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "Wacom"
  Driver "ws"
  Option "AutoServerLayout" "true"
  Option "Device" "/dev/wsmux2"
  Option "MinX" "0"
  Option "MaxX" "0"
  Option "MinY" "0"
  Option "MaxY" "0"
  Option "Raw" "true"
 EndSection

Here the Min* and Max* provide the calibration information (it is
automatically provided - but I think there is a bug in "ws" so that
it works correctly only when the Min* and Max* options are used).
Then for the Intuos Art:

 xinput --set-prop --type=int Wacom "WS Pointer Axis Calibration" 0 7600 0 4750
 xinput --set-prop --type=int Wacom "WS Pointer Pressure Calibration" 0 55000

Putting the wsmouse in a separate mux is very useful, otherwise the
characteristics of one device are imposed on another where it is
less apropriate (for example in the coordinate transformations).

Lastly,

  xinput --map-to-output Wacom XRANDR-OUTPUT

will map to a particular screen if you have more than one. The
mapping is not aspect correct - so I usually use my own transformation
matrix to have aspect correct writing/drawing.

I should write all of this up, and find better ways to deal with
calibration.

--
Kind regards,

Yorick Hardy