Re: alloca() in kernel code

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> I'm presumably missing something here, but what?

I suspect Maxime's concern is about uncontrolled stack-based variable
buffer, which could be used to crash the kernel.

But in my case, the data is coming from the bootloader. I cannot think
about a scenario where it makes sense to defend against an attack from
the bootloader. The kernel already has absolute trust in the bootloader.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz