Re: Adding an ioctl to check for disklabel existence

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 02:42:10PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I was thinking the other day that it might be useful if gpt had a
> subcommand to spit out a script to duplicate the partitioning of a disk,
> but without the "unique" parts. The script would of course be
> hand-editable for any changes one might want to make.

Just create a backup of the gpt (gpt backup [-o outfile]), restore it
on the other disk (gpt restore [-F] [-i infile]) and swap the IDs
(gpt uuid [-a]).

In a few days you will also be able to use sysinst to do this (optionally
including the binary content of the partitions or just the partitions
so you can apply more efficient options for the content), this is a side
effect of some improvements I am currently working on.

Martin