Re: Adding an ioctl to check for disklabel existence

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:

>Yes, we will - but can't we make that something detectable?   If the
>kernel invents a lael, it says "fictitious" in the label field.

It also says 'fictitious' when you then write that label and read it
back (and that magic word is also used by the wedge naming code to
be treated like an empty label).

It might be easier to use a different, more obscure field in the
disklabel instead of d_packname (the "label" field) for such magic
values.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost