Re: of_getnode_byname: infinite loop

> On Apr 27, 2019, at 1:52 AM, yarl-baudig%mailoo.org@localhost wrote:
>
> I would like to insist since I got no answer.
> The explanation for the infinite loop is that Of_parent eventually returns -1 in the case that no node with name 'target' is found.

Hi Yarl --

Actually, I took a look at your patch, and was planning to integrate it, but because it affects a code path used by multiple platforms, and you changed the semantics of it:

<quote>
>> Moreover, I think the function should not go out of the subtree whose 'start' is the root.

</quote>

... I just wanted to examine the use on other platforms, and ideally, get someone to test the change on one of the affected platforms, to make sure this won't cause a regression.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Anyway, I'm traveling and mostly away-from-keyboard at the moment, but I have a long flight tomorrow evening and will be able to take a look at it again while in the air.

-- thorpej