Re: Proposal: new audio framework

At Tue, 02 Apr 2019 16:10:58 +0900,
Tetsuya Isaki wrote:
> AUDIO2 internal takes a block-oriented strategy, not a bytestream-
> oriented, for performance and simplicity.
> So, AUDIO2 changed it as follows:
>  a1. audio layer calculates suitable blocksize from its hardware
>      precision(stride), channels, frequency and blk_ms (= block
>      length in msec) parameters.
>  a2. and then ask it to hardware driver.  It's round_blocksize.
>  a3. But if the hardware driver returns the other size, audio layer
>      cannot accept it because proposed size was calculated from
>      hardware encoding.

Oops, it was old behavior and the problem had been gone a year ago.
# It was a big problem in early days so I was still in nightmare :)

Correct one is:

 a3. if new size is aligned with frame (one frame = samplesize *
     number of channels), audio2 will accept it.  Otherwise failed.

So, it will work in most cases.

Thanks,
---
Tetsuya Isaki <isaki%pastel-flower.jp@localhost / isaki%NetBSD.org@localhost>