Re: Removing PF

>> I continue to use pf and not npf because : [...]
> However, I must say I'm still a bit confused by this answer (and the
> others I've seen).  Do you understand that PF is a clear security
> risk for your system?

Is it?  Do you know MLH's systems enough to know whether any of the
known vulnerabilities are relevant?  I don't.

> Yes, it is sad if you can't use ftp-proxy on NPF for now, yes NPF's
> syntax is not the same as PF's, and so on.  But NPF equally has many
> advanced benefits, that you don't get with PF.

This sounds to me a lot like "yes, NPF doesn't do what you need, but it
does all this other neat stuff you don't need, so doesn't that make up
for it?"  Surely that's not what you intend.

> If you really want to use PF, I would recommend that you switch to
> another OS, for your own safety.  PF has no future in NetBSD.

It doesn't?  It seems to me, from the lack of consensus I'm seeing
here, that that remains to be seen.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign