Re: Removing PF

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 01:40:12PM +0100, Piotr Meyer wrote:

> Do you think that there is any equality between remote-triggered
> crash and lack of specific feature? BTW: you joke makes strong
> argument against PF - there wasn't push for updating NPF features
> because they already works in - as we NOW know - buggy and insecure
> PF.

That's a myth. When I switched from IPF to NPF, the first thing required
was to fix NPF and NPF-related bugs. The NetBSD version of it was pretty
much unmaintained, it still is to a lesser degree.

The best way forward to drop PF is to actively develop NPF.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost