Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019, Maxime Villard wrote:

Regarding COMPAT_OSF1: I'm not totally sure, but it seems that Alpha's
COMPAT_LINUX uses COMPAT_OSF1 as dependency (even if there is no proper
dependency in the module), because there are osf1_* calls. Some more
compat mess to untangle, it seems...

In all cases, it's only a few functions that are just wrappers, so it
probably shouldn't be too complicated to solve.

It's a total of 15 functions (I generated this list by building an alpha GENERIC kernel with COMPAT_OSF1 removed):

        osf1_sys_wait4
        osf1_sys_mount
        osf1_sys_set_program_attributes
        osf1_sys_setitimer
        osf1_sys_select
        osf1_sys_gettimeofday
        osf1_sys_getrusage
        osf1_sys_settimeofday
        osf1_sys_utimes
        osf1_sys_statfs
        osf1_sys_fstatfs
        osf1_sys_sysinfo
        osf1_sys_usleep_thread
        osf1_sys_getsysinfo
        osf1_sys_setsysinfo

All of these are references from linux_sysent.o

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |