Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

> would YOU run software that costs maybe 4-digit numbers for yearly
> license on an OS that "maybe" runs it "somehow" ?

Well, _I_ wouldn't run it at all; I don't run software that has onerous
licenses.  But I can easily imagine circumstances where someone with
such a license would want to.  First example that comes to mind: when
the hardware-in-use breaks.  (Yes, they should have a cold spare.
Perhaps they didn't (lost track, never thought about it, etc).  Perhaps
their cold spare turned out to be broken too.  I have no trouble seeing
either as plausible.)

> it seems what youre trying to do is to shoehorn is like stuffing a
> 2n3055 in modern microelectronics.

Amusingly, I did something vaguely like that just recently: a tiny
little surface-mount board with a transistor and two resistors tacked
on.  Admittedly, it was a 2N3094, a smaller transistor, but still
human-scale.

> its sad to say that directly, but as businessman, NetBSD is not an
> option for now.

Then why are you here?

NetBSD is an option for at least two companies I know of.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign