Re: Where is that trap coming from?

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 03:22:10PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Don't you get a userland core and gdb tells you the faulting instruction?
> Maybe I am missing something, but the kernel part to this should be irrelevant.

I have the process stopped in gdb right now, and it tells me all
threads are in system calls. I inspected code around $pc for
each of them, and indeed they are all in int    $0x80.

As I understand, that means SIGSEGV is not caused by userland
code, but by kernel code. I assume that if I do a SCSI command
that access unmapped memory, I would get something like this?
But no thread seems to be undergoing a tape I/O.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost