Re: Audio device mmap and kevents

isaki%pastel-flower.jp@localhost (Tetsuya Isaki) writes:

>I could run "mpv -ao=oss some.mp3" at 0~1% CPU with rev 1.32
>on netbsd-8.

>May I commit(revert) it?

The change to GETOSPACE is wrong, it basically reduces the returned
number of fragments by 1, possibly returning a negative value. The
returned number of bytes is also truncated.

The change to GETISPACE on the other hand looks correct, but I have
no idea how fixing the record operation would have helped playback.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost