Re: Page fault when reading EFI systbl on Asus X550C

Le 17/01/2019 à 18:05, Michał Górny a écrit :
Hi,

[...]

After a lot of bisecting, and comparing stable 8 branch (which works)
with trunk, I've came to the conclusion that the commit 'Limit the size
of the direct map with a 2MB granularity' [2] is actually causing
the fault.  I haven't been able to revert it on top of current trunk;
however, I've been able to verify that with a later size fix included
([3]), the commit preceding it works and this one starts failing.

Please add some printfs like these right after 'va = efi_getva(pa)':

	printf("pmap_direct_base = %p\n", (void *)pmap_direct_base);
	printf("pmap_direct_end = %p\n", (void *)pmap_direct_end);
	printf("va = %p\n", (void *)va);
	printf("pa = %p\n", (void *)pa);