Re: scsipi: physio split the request

> On Dec 27, 12:29pm, buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: scsipi: physio split the request
>
> |       hello.  Just out of curiosity, why did the tls-maxphys branch never
> | get merged with head once the work was done or mostly done?

Simply nobody finished it up yet.

Le jeu. 27 déc. 2018 à 22:07, Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> a écrit :
> mostly done...

I did the last tls-maxphys sync. It will need at least one resync,
since more stuff moved around (i.e. wd(4) was converted to dksubr
since then).

I want to eliminate some duplicated code in PCI-IDE drivers before the
merge. Other than that, I don't see any other blockers for the merge.

Of course, it requires proper round of testing before it could be
really considered merge-worthy.

As others noted, the performance benefit of tls-maxphys is likely to
be small. It however removes artificial limits in the stack, unlocking
new opportunities for further development, so it's both necessary and
good to do nevertheless.

Jaromir