Re: svr4, again

> On Dec 17, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Now I'm re-putting the subject on the table, because, as if it wasn't
> already glaringly obvious, COMPAT_SVR4 is broken beyond repair. I keep
> unintentionally finding bugs in it, and it just doesn't make any sense
> to keep it to me.

I'm far from authoritative on this, but I agree that it makes sense to remove it (I mean, jeez, if Christos isn't even using it... ;-).

Again, as with drivers that we retire, I also think it makes sense to document in an obvious location in the source tree where it can be found if someone goes looking for it (like "hey, if you check out this tag, you can get the last version of it before it was removed") sort of thing.  That way, if someone wants to put their money where their mouth is and actually fix it, then they can't complain that you made it hard to find.  Couvrez-vous le cul, oui?

-- thorpej