Re: fixing coda in -current

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> However, I am pleased to report that the coda people have said that they
> are working on a fuse interface, although it's expected to be slower.

FUSE vs kernel does not really matter when we deal with network
filesystem performance. The latency of requesting a network operation is
orders of magnitude higher than issuing a few system calls.

The difference may be visible in disconnected mode, though.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz