Re: bmap/strategy for vnd backing file

manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:

>We use getdisksize() to read block size. I added an alternative
>using mount->mnt_dev_bshift when the backing store is of type VREG.

mnt_dev_bshift is the wrong value, it describes the units used for
block coordinates which is always DEV_BSIZE for us. I have code that
works by querying the backend device but have to do some more testing
before I can commit.

I'd also like to improve the abysmal vn_rdwr case. It basically reads
ahead but flushes the extra data and also writes synchronously.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost