Re: Time to merge the pgoyette-compat branch (take two)

On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 06:15:01PM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2018, matthew green wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Paul, i 100% agree this isn't a new problem. but your branch has
> > pushed it back into the foreground again :-)
>
> Being in the foreground is a good thing, right?  :)  At least now it
> can get the attention it really needs, rather than just hiding it
> under the carpet.

I think we should get rid of libcompat for kernel builds (dunno if it is
used for modules).

Also I wonder if we could do some nm digging and awk scripts with tsort
to find potential symbol collisions or missing symbols not properly
covered by module dependencies. Alternatively build two special modular
kernels (like ALL and MINIMAL) and do runtime load/unload tests with
all modules we deliver.

Martin