Re: Too many PMC implementations

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 06:25:56PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

> As useful I mean the number of commits to the src/ tree. If nothing
> landed, probably nothing was useful. When were the most recent patches
> from gprof or similar?

This is a plainly bogus criterion.  After we integrated DTrace, there
were several periods of a year or more during which there were no
"patches from DTrace or similar".  I know, and it was pretty frustrating
to me too, since I paid a considerable amount of money to have it ported
and maintained, and I had to justify that to my boss.

Should it have, then, been ripped out?  It's certainly a lot more complex
than gprof.

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost
  "Whether or not there's hope for change is not the question.  If you