Re: Finding an available fss device

> On 20. Aug 2018, at 10:34, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:18:34PM +0200, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
>> - 001_add_sc_state replaces the flags FSS_ACTIVE and FSS_ERROR with
>> a state field.
>>
>> - 002_extend_state adds states for construction or destruction of
>> a snapshot and fss_ioctl no longer blocks forever waiting for
>> construction or destruction of a snapshot to complete.
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> I applied that to NetBSD-8.0, and it seems to behave much better.

Good.

> What about the deadlock scenario you mentionned, e.g. taking
> multiple snapshots of / at the same time, or a snapshot of /
> and /home at the same time? Should they work with this patch?

Suppose you mean the "All processes go tstile" thread ...

This patch will change nothing mentioned there.  As I already asked:

- The first thirty lines of "dumpfs /home" please.

- Did you use "dump -x ..." or "dump -X"?

- Did the "dump" process hang?

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig (Germany)