Re: ddb input via IPMI virtual console

> The real keyboards are PS/2 and I can't change that because it runs
> on a wire physically passing a /real/ firewall, [...]

(a) Is it possible to run USB over the same conductors used by the PS/2
cable?  (This is a real question; I don't know enough about layer 1 of
either to answer it.)

(b) There exist devices that adapt PS/2 to USB in the
PS/2-keyboard-to-USB-host direction.  They are not as common as the
other direction (USB keyboard on PS/2 host, which I gather is usually
faked rather than truly adapting between the two), but I've seen them
often enough to know they exist.  Perhaps one could help?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign