Re: hashtables

Does nbperf(1) suit any need?

-bch

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 3:15 PM <coypu%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 05:46:16PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 07:01:36PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> > hi netbsd,
> >
> > if I were to state I totally need hashtables, what already existing API
> > would you tell me to use instead?
>
> The kernel has lots of hash tables in it.  If a hash table is the right
> datastructure for your purpose, why do something else?
>
> Thor

I have nearly zero background in CS, GPUs or hardware drivers. It's
pretty hard to make sense of things. I'm trying my best though. I need
this driver.

I don't have any opinions about hashtables - I just know that
implementing one would take me really long and would probably still be
buggy in the end, and I didn't find a similar API that claims to be a
hashtable.

Is there some code I could use? I'm totally OK with not a hashtable too.