Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/pci

On May 16, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

I'm a bit uneasy about it myself for that same reason.  However, we
do not to my knowledge have the infrastructure available to do a
complete validation of the resource assignment.  If we did, we'd be
able to do hot attach of PCIe ExpressCard with just a little more work.

We used to have something like this to support CardBus way back in the day, but I will admit I wasn’t entirely happy with it at the time.

I guess I’m frustrated that UEFI isn’t taking care of this.  On the other hand, perhaps UEFI isn’t doing it because they assume that the BARs have to be reprogrammed if power is removed from the device?

What does FreeBSD do?

-- thorpej