New to BSD (gsoc)

Hi there, as you may guess I'm new to BSD, trying to be selected in the GSoC program.

I have a deep understanding in C language and I would like to improve my skills by using it in a real world environment, as I said before I'm new to BSD but I'm not new to UNIX like operating systems.

For the project I want to work on gsoc I selected the porting of Atheros updated wifi driver from FreeBSD. For that purpose I'm planning to buy the hardware needed so I can test it in my own computer. Of course as the project is a port of a driver it probably will retain it's license  and any documentation generated in the project will also be delivered.

I'm planning to find the source code of the driver and read through it so I'm familiar with the project. This will give me the best way to write the best port posible for the Atheros driver.

I need to say I'm not familiar with the hardware I'm going to work in, but still I want to learn and create better skills for me.

I'm planning to stay around so I can get some experience.

If anyone wants to contact me for suggestions you can always reach me in this email address: does0jff%gmail.com@localhost

Hope you have a time reading this