Re: drivers (not?) utilising pcidevs data

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 09:29:33AM +0000, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

> > On 16 Feb 2018, at 02:11, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Do you have the {pci,usb,acpi}verbose module(s) loaded (or built-in)?
>
> I've added all those modules to modules.conf and rebooted. Hasn't made any difference.
> Should the kernel be built with such options? (modules get loaded quite late in the boot process) will try that next.

Depends on when you attach the device and how you load modules.
You can make the bootloader pre-load them via /boot.cfg - or build them
into the kernel.

This all wastes a lot of kernel space for typically useless
information, which is why it is handled this way.

Martin