Re: T_TRCTRAP handling

On 02/07/2018 11:09 AM, Maxime Villard wrote:
> If a T_TRCTRAP exception comes in for no reason, that's a _bug_ in the kernel,
> and it shouldn't be ignored.

Understood.

On 02/07/2018 11:14 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> QEMU should never let the kernel see any exceptions or other traces of being
> debugged, IMHO.
>
> To me this sounds like a qemu bug.

Whenever I set a breakpoint within QEMU/GDBSERVER, continue execution, and hit
that breakpoint again, TF gets set within RFLAGS and kernel panics upon
continuation, unless I clear the TF manually from GDB.

I'll explore the possibility of detecting QEMU in conjunction with T_TRPTRACE,
as Maxime suggested.

Thank you for your time,
Dimitris