Re: Bunch of bugs reported by Ilja van Sprundel

I think we should have a discussion to change the way netbsd releases
and security advisories are done. they seem to be suitable for a large
company, and netbsd is doesn't keep up with it.

security advisories are extremely tiresome to write, and contain a lot
of useless information. All I care is "is this security? how bad is it?
maybe tell me a little about it? and give me a binary fixing it".

Instead we include information about CVS revisions for people who might
want to cherry pick the result, which is a lot of work to create and has
marginal use.

We also don't provide the binaries. Moreso, people downloading netbsd
after the fix do not get a fixed version.
We are able to build a full release daily, but have infrequent and
time-consuming teeny releases.

snj goes through a lot of work to put together release notes for teeny
releases and updating in several places. It would be more effective use
of resources if we did a weekly signed build and pointed downloads to
it, and provides the CHANGES entry somewhere on the website.