Re: /dev/ksyms permissions

>>> Maybe group kmem read, but that might require more elevated
>>> privileges in the programs that uses ksyms.
>> What program uses ksyms now that doesn't require at least group kmem?
> You cannot give up kmem read privileges when calling ksyms read
> routines.

I don't see why not - or, at least, I don't see the ksyms change as
being relevant.  Just read /dev/ksyms at startup (at the same time as
you open /dev/kmem, probably), before dropping group kmem.  Isn't that
all this change (making /dev/ksyms 440 root:kmem) requires?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign