Re: amd64: svs

Le 07/01/2018 à 19:04, Jaromír Doleček a écrit :
BTW Maxime, I've updated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervisor_Mode_Access_Prevention
to note your work on NetBSD support for SMAP and SMEP. Would it be feasible
to get SMAP support pulled up to netbsd-8 by chance?

That's not related to SVS, but yes, it was in my plans. I was waiting to
implement a proper hotpatch feature, but I actually wrote and committed it
this morning.

The AMD Epyc processors support SMEP/SMAP as well, hopefully this will
eventually trickle down to their consumer lines like Ryzen too.

I really hope this huge security cpu bug by Intel for Meltdown will help
propel AMD into being a viable competitor.

I've always used AMD, and it has always been perfectly respectable. But thanks
to my usual bad luck I switched to Intel only two months ago.

Maxime