Re: amd64: svs

> Xen project say meltdown vulnerability is only for Intel.

That matches my understanding: only Intel optimizes that aggressively.
(Apparently.)

Of course, there are also the various forms of spectre, exploiting
much the same hardware bugs, just in different ways - ways _not_
involving the (apparently Intel-only) additional bug that allows
meltdown.

> I think, we should wait for a while to coming new microcode and
> disclosure of specification update from intel.

Why?  Is there any reason to not deploy known effective countermeasures
while waiting for a real fix?  Indeed, do we have any reason to think a
real fix will be forthcoming from Intel?  In view of their attempts to
downplay their bugs, I have negative confidence they will actually
_fix_ them...if indeed they are fixable on current hardware.  (It's not
publicly known, as far as I know, to what extent the bugs are fixable
in microcode; in some respects they may be baked into the silicon.)

> people is too silent, is this means presense of NDA?

In a few cases, probably.  More likely, it seems to me - this is
certainly my own case - I've already said everything I've thought of
that seemed useful (and even vaguely appropriate to this list).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign