Re: Oddities with my new machine: interrupt storms (hdaudio), DRM errors (i915) and gdm keyboard fail - update

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 02:38:46PM +0100, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> my new x86_64 (ASUS VivoPC VC62B) machine has arrived and I installed
> NetBSD-7.1/amd64 on it. All seems to work fine but for some oddities:
>
> - it has an interrupt storm on ioapic0 pin 16 for hdaudio0. It gives
>   "hdaudio0: RIRB timeout" twice and then generates an sustained impressive
>   201063 interrupts per second.

This is not present in 8.99.7, so it seems to be fixed :)

> - when starting X it works fine but I can get "DRM error in
>   hsw_unclaimed_reg_clear: Unknown unclaimed register before writing to ..."
>   on fe scrolling too fast. It can freeze the display for a while but
>   generally moving the mouse a bit unfreezes it. For details, see attached
>   dmesg.

I wasn't able to start X at all in 8.99.7 :( It gives a blank screen with
working mouse pointer but with a small block of off-colour in the top left
corner. I haven't updated the distro, only ran a new kernel + new kernel
modules.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Reinoud