Re: raid and cgd

Edgar Fu? wrote:
> > when raid is configured for the first time, it needs to do something
> > with every block?
> raidctl -i, yes.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

> Other than that, you'll need to align your FS blocks with RAID stripes
> and each component's stripe part with whatever cgd operates on.

Can you please elaborate? Do they have to match for the best performance,
or should one be a multiple of the other?

> Why do you do RAID-on-CGD and not CGD-on-RAID?

Do I?

First, I configured raid0 and then cgd0 as following:

cgdconfig -s cgd0 /dev/raid0d aes-cbc 256 < /dev/urandom

This was a temporary cgd0 configuration to scrub data.

--
Alex