Re: FFS corruption

> Is there anything ringing a bell to someone here?
Yes, but I guess that doesn't help.
I experienced something remotely similar after a disc firmware crash followed
by a mpt(4) lockup (before I wrote the timeout recovery buhrow@ committed).
I would get a "mangled directory" panic on the same directory again and again;
fsck repaired it but found nothing else. I was just short of
dump/newfs/restore, but then something (I guess removing that directory)
helped. That was on a FFSv2, though.

> Any explanation?
No. Only that apparently, an FFS can be inconsistent in a way fsck doesn't
recognize.