Re: amd64: kernel aslr support

Le 14/11/2017 à 15:43, Maxime Villard a écrit :
The size and number of these blocks is controlled by the split-by-file
parameter in Makefile.amd64. Right now it is set to 2MB, which produces a
kernel with ~23 allocatable (ie useful at runtime) sections, which is a third
of the total number supported (BTSPACE_NSEGS = 64). I will probably reduce
this parameter a bit in the future, to 1.5MB, or even 1MB.

Actually I just did it. So now it's 1MB (better security), physically shifted
by the prekern (better entropy), and mapped with large pages (better
performance). And along the way it mostly mitigates TLB cache attacks.

This is still wip but feel free to test, as always,
Maxime