Re: How to build Realtek 8169 driver as kernel module?

> Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:45:54 +0800
> From: Jia-Ju Bai <baijiaju1990%163.com@localhost>
>
> Thanks, your answer is very helpful :)
>
> I want to rewrite a existing Ethernet driver (such as Realtek 8169
> driver) or write a new Ethernet driver as a independent kernel module,
> and load it normally at runtime.
> The example driver is Linux r8169 driver. It can be built, loaded,
> unloaded in the form of a kernel module.
>
> In fact, I am a novice of developing NetBSD drivers, and I am learning now.
> Do you think my plan is feasible? Or could you give me some advice?

Writing a new ethernet driver is a big task!  I suggest you start by
modularizing re(4), and study re(4) as you do it.  Unfortunately,
while there is a man page about device drivers in general, driver(9),
there is no introduction to writing ethernet drivers in particular.