Re: spurious DIAGNOSTIC message "no disk label"

>> [I think] 4.3 did not have on-disk disklabels.
> Just checked my copy of the 4.3-Tahoe

The 4.3 I used was pre-Tahoe, pre-Lite, pre-Reno, pre-everything.  We
started with 4.1c, then, successively, 4.2, 4.3, and mtXinu's 4.3+NFS,
then SunOS.  (This was at a university with the relevant license; I
personally hand-carried a copy of that license to a nearby organization
to get our tape for at least one of those versions.)  I parted ways
with them about the time they dropped SunOS for Solaris - er,
post-retcon that would be dropping Solaris 1.x for Solaris 2.x.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign