re: Signed vs unsigned comparisons in sys/dev/pcio/if_wm.c

> While starting to investigate the possibility of modularizing the
> if_wm(4) driver, I discovered some issues where signed expressions are
> being compared to unsigned expressions.  When if_wm.c is being compiled
> as a built-in driver, these errors are ignored.  However, when build as
> a loadable module, they are fatal to the build!
>
> There are three instances within if_wm.c where this occurs, at source
> lines 6164, 6688, and 9204 (based on revision 1.443).  The attached
> diffs make the compiler happy in both cases (kernel and module).
>
> Is there any reason why these changes should not be committed?

adding "(int)" casts to appease sign compare warnings considered
not worth the churn or ugliness or casts.

we shouldn't use a special warning for module builds, and while i
tend to agree with using more warning messages than fewer, i'm not
convinced this one is worth the casts and beyond churn required.

.mrg.