Implementing ext3 file system support

Hi,

I got interested in using this project as practical part of bachelor thesis on file system journalling.

http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/ext3fs/#comments

I plan to start really small, implementing just the kernel parts for >128B inodes and possibly some rudimentary support for extended attributes, just to get myself familiar again with the filesystem code and contribute at least something useful. Maybe I'll do even the suggested MPSAFE audit.

Then I'll start investigating the ffs WAPBL jounalling code and see how viable it would be to use this for ext3fs also.

I do realize linux world mostly moved on to ext4 already, but as this work will be needed for ext4 support, I think this is also good preliminary step towards ext4.

So, if you worked on this already and have some thoughts or code to share, please let me know :) I'll be working on this from now on.

Jaromir