Re: Changing the return value of xxx_attach() from void to int.

   Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:40:14 +0900
   From: Masanobu SAITOH <msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost>

     As you know, the return value of device driver's attach function is void.
   I've thought that we should change it to int for many years. I believe I'm
   not the only person.

Sounds plausible to me.  Can you draft an example of a patch to a
driver that would usefully use this?  Something to demonstrate how
many untested code paths we can eliminate by moving conditional logic
about `device failed to attach' to autoconf instead of copying it in
drivers.