re: Very slow transfers to/from micro SD card on a RPi B+

Joerg Sonnenberger writes:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:25:46AM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> > I wouldn't want it as a default for everything either, it breaks things like xbiff.
> > the linux "relatime" thing seems like a reasonable compromise.
>
> Haven't we been implementing relatime effectively forever? I thought
> atime changes are only ever written when the vnode is destroyed, so
> unmount time or under vnode scarcity.

i believe you are remembering the "delayed atime updates" that
mycroft implemented a long long time ago, that ad removed in
netbsd-5 time frame.  i forget the problem but we did not have
a fix implemented or available and correctness over speed.

.mrg.