re: How to identify specific wait-state for a "DE" process?

> Does anyone have any good suggestions for how to arrange for another
> thread/lwp to run so it can remove the extra reference to the logging
> descriptor?

filemon(4) as written should just be replaced with a method that
works without replacing system calls or borrowing fds or any of
these other hacks that we have in place.

i don't think it's worth spending a lot of time working on it in
the current form.  it's severely broken and not really fixable
without a largely complete rewrite.

i'm not sure 100% what the replacement should look like, but it
probably will require real hooks in the replace system calls
at the layer that *all* emulations use.  eg, do_open() not
sys_open().

.mrg.