RAIDframe hot spares

I have another question on RAIDframe, this time on hot spares (which I never
used before).
I was at A and B "optimal" and C "spare", and B failed. I would have expected
RAIDframe to immediately start a reconstruction on C, but that didn't happen;
I had to raidctl -F B first.

In case it matters, that setup was reached through the following events:
A and B "optimal"
B failed
A "optimal", B "failed"
raidctl -a C
A "optimal", B "failed", C "spare"
raidctl -F B
A "optimal", B "spared", C "used_spare"
raidctl -B
A and B "optimal", C "spare"

Isn't the point of a *hot* spare to immediately reconstruct on it if neccessary?