Freeze with BPF BIOCSFEEDBACK

I just had a freeze which likely was caused by BPF. This was with a
distributed GERNERIC version of 7.0/amd64.

I was running a PDP-10 emulator, klh10, https://github.com/Rhialto/klh10
which I configured to use BPF to communicate with the outside world.
I ran my tops-20 installation, and as soon as the network got active,
my real machine froze. Since I was in X, I could see nothing change any
more.

I tried it on my laptop also with 7.0 installed. Not even the caps-lock
led was active. After a while it unfroze for a bit, then refroze.
There were no green kernel messages.

I am working on it so the actual code I ran was not exactly like in the
repository. The important difference seems to be this below:

#if defined(BIOCSFEEDBACK)
    i = 1;
    if (ioctl(fd, BIOCSFEEDBACK, (char *) &i) < 0)
	esfatal(1, "BIOCSFEEDBACK failed");
#endif

where fd is a BPF descriptor.

which I had added. When I commented it out, and tried again, tops-20
worked fine. However, you can't communicate with it from the host. The
BIOCSFEEDBACK was supposed to make that work.

Any ideas? Seems like a bug...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'