Re: In-kernel units for block numbers, etc ...

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:

>I had a similar thought ... seems like it would be a reasonable idea to me.
>Perhaps even some variation of the vnd driver to allow it to access
>hardware partitions, rather than only files.

I once tried to make vnd work on VBLK "files", but there were some
locking issues. I think, before we start into such an excercise, we
should better put time and energy into improving the VFS and buffer
cache layers.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost