Re: PMAP/PMEP x86 support

Hi shm,

Will be good if you can publish your patches some where.

I can help debugging panic problems with SMAP.

Cheers,
    alimon

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Mateusz Kocielski <shm%digitalsun.pl@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:00:59AM -0500, Anibal Limón wrote:
> Hi shm,
>
> I started to work into PMAP/PMEP support for now only identify if CPU
> support it [1].
>
> I talked with ryoshu over IRC about PMAP/PMEP x86 support and he said me
> that you have the work almost done. Do you need any help?
>
> Cheers,
>     alimon
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/alimon/netbsd-src/commit/7a82768c46806f31884c1ebc3a87e023e5f4a844

Hi there,

 yes, I've got something semi-baked, if you're interested I can publish my
patches. I'd appreciate any help with debugging (smep works pretty good, but
smap cause some panics which need to be investigated), testing (I've tested it
mainly on qemu) or polishing diffs. One thing is also missing from original
proposal [1] [...] The influence on XEN needs to be evaluated, the concepts
may not apply 1:1 there but of course XEN has to stay functional. [...] -
I haven't done it.

 Best Regards,
 Mateusz Kocielski

 [1] http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/x86_smap_smep/