Re: Waiting for 'high priority' events with kqueue

(sorry, I'm not subbed to list; only saw your reply by looking up archives)

> The only "high priority events" are socket out of band data.
> EV_OOB is only used in 3 c files:
>
> http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/ident?v=xnu-2050.18.24&i=EV_OOB
>
> It is simple enough for us to do the same if that's useful.
>
> christos

That would be wonderful :)

Though an alternate solution came up over on the OpenBSD list:
DragonBSD implements EVFILT_EXCEPT in addition to EVFILT_READ and EVFILE_WRITE.
This seems to be a much cleaner solution, where each of the three map
cleanly to a select() set.
(OSX has a few weird bugs when there are both POLLIN AND POLLPRI events).

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.